We Found Out The Ingredients for Japanese Collagen and Gelatin!
The desire to have beautiful skin, to strive for whitening skin and to look younger continues its stride around the world. Of course, I am riding that wave of desire too! I’ve been exercising and maintaining my body to resist the ravages of old age, by paying attention to my diet, and even compensate what I’m missing with supplements. I am also paying more attention with collagen supplements, especially the gelatin in the supplements.
I believe we are all concerned about this, because it’s not always obvious on the ingredient list shown on the packaging. Often we know exactly where the collagen is derived from, but it is not explained for those that uses gelatin to make the capsules.
It’s time to discovery the collagen and gelatin ingredients!
Precisely for that reason, we have picked the most popular collagen supplements on the Wonect store and approached the manufacturers directly to ask! Our questions included:
- If the collagen supplement uses fish collagen, what type of fish is used? In particular, is there any ingredient coming from shark?
- If the supplement contains gelatin, what ingredient is the gelatin made of?
It took a little while to gather the information, but we have finally gathered all the information here! The information is presented in the form of Name of Product / Pig or Fish Category / Shark ingredient present? / Collagen or Gelatin (if any) ingredient .
The Japanese Collagen products
1) SUNTORY Milcolla / Pig / No shark ingredient / Collagen from pig skin
|More details on SUNTORY Milcolla here|
2) SUNTORY Liftage / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from tilapia fish scale and meat
|More details on SUNTORY Liftage here|
3) Eisai Beauty Chocola Collagen / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from tilapia
|More details on Eisai Beauty Chocola Collagen here|
4) FINE JAPAN Hyaluron Collagen / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from tilapia
|More details on FINE JAPAN Hyaluron Collagen here|
5) ORIHIRO Low Molecular Hyaluronic Acid Collagen / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from tilapia
|More details on ORIHIRO Low Molecular Hyaluronic Acid Collagen here|
6) ORIHIRO Placenta Collagen / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from tilapia
|More details on ORIHIRO Placenta Collagen here|
7) FANCL Deep Charge Drink 50ml x 10 bottles / Pig / No shark ingredient / Collagen from pig skin
8) SHISEIDO The Collagen Powder / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from fish, mainly from perciformes (may change depending on season)
|More details on SHISEIDO The Collagen Powder here|
9) Meiji Amino Collagen (White/Pink) / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from freshwater tilapia
|More details on Meiji Amino Collagen (White/Pink) here|
10) Meiji Amino Collagen (Gold) / Fish / No shark ingredient / Collagen from freshwater tilapia
|More details on Meiji Amino Collagen (Gold) here|
11) ASAHI Perfect Asta Collagen Powder Premier Rich / Pig / No shark ingredient / Collagen from pig skin
|More details on ASAHI Perfect Asta Collagen Powder Premier Rich here|
12) ASAHI Perfect Asta Collagen Powder V / Pig / No shark ingredient / Collagen from pig skin
|More details on ASAHI Perfect Asta Collagen Powder here|
So what we can see from the above collagen ingredients?
Collagen and gelatin are usually made from the same ingredient, and also that there are no shark ingredients in the above collagens. This is happy news for our muslim friends! However, although the manufacturers have been very helpful giving us the info, they also did remind us that their products have not undergone any halal certification. Be sure to choose products according!
Collagen worked for me!
Do you remember I wrote about taking collagens? It’s already been more than six months ago… Something happy happened to me: my front hair has started to grow. As women grow older, our hair starts to decrease and scalp starts to bald. Me included ( ﾉД`)ｼｸｼｸ…
And yet new hair have started to grow recently! I’m so happy about it!! Looking at my lifestyle, looks like the only thing I have been missing of is collagen, so it’s thanks to collagen that my hair has started to grow.
Thank you for reading~
This article was written because one of our viewers on our youtube channel requested to know more about the ingredients in the collagen supplements. We do read our readers’ and viewers’ views and comments, so send them in through any channel. We’ll challenge ourselves wholeheartedly to answer them! We’ll be waiting~
By the way… A Sale!
If you are a regular in our store, here’s a preview! We are having a collagen from 17-19 Jun (Japan Standard Time). All Japanese collagen will be at 15% off!
If you are new to Wonect, welcome! Do sign up as a member if you’d like a reminder for the sale (we send weekly sale information through a newsletter).
Need more collagen information?
You might like to refresh on what kind of ingredients to look out for in a collagen supplement! This guide is useful when two collagens look the same, and you are not sure which to use. Or perhaps you’d like to see what the favourite collagens are among our customers! Cosmetics with collagen might be what you are missing too…!